Wall Storage Ideas
When decorating your home, it looks like you need the best organization skills for your kitchen. This is the place with so many utensils and gadgets, and you need to find the best storage solutions for all of them. Besides storing in drawers and cabinets, you shouldn’t forget about the walls too. You can store on them and thus get the most of the kitchen space. And today we would like to show you several kitchen wall storage ideas that you will find quite useful.
The walls can be perfect place for storing some of the pots and pans. You can hang them on hooks. Or maybe even you can add a pegboard on some wall and use it as a storage for all of your utensils. Pegboards can be like an alternative to open shelves but a little bit more stylish and playful. They can be easily painted and besides serving as organizers they can also serve as wall decor. Tension rods can be also installed on the kitchen walls, where you can hang some of the utensils. Or you can hang some wire baskets on these rods and use them for storing fruit. Scroll down now to see the kitchen wall storage ideas that we have chosen for you today and choose which one of them you will try to copy. Enjoy!
SEE ALSO: 11 Clever DIY Kitchen Projects
Kitchen Wall Storage Ideas
If your kitchen is a small one, you definitely need to use the walls for storage. If there any shelves or racks, you can easily install some. Use them for storing some coffee cups, plates, bowls etc. This could be the spot for storing all of those spices and thus have them at hand when you are cooking something yummy. You can even make some magnetic rack to store the knives and thus keep yourself safe.
When organizing the kitchen it is important to get the most of the space available, so make sure you don’t leave the walls blank. The above ideas are just some of the many possibles ways of how to store kitchen utensils on walls. Tell us in the comments which one of them did you like the best. Thank you for reading and don’t forget to stay up to date with the content of Design & DIY Magazine to find many other DIY projects that you can do in your free time.
People who are planning to brighten up the kitchen with one of the actual colors of the season, may consider the accents in blue, orange or green grass. These colors provide an opportunity to give a fresh look to the room without introducing too much color. You first need to create a neutral background, then to remove all things that are not tied to it. The kitchen interior can acquire new and fresh look without investing a lot of money and effort. Sometimes one or two very minor changes are able to radically transform the room and make it much more enjoyable. Check these 4 great ideas for small kitchen renovations.
Refresh the kitchen walls with color
Maybe it’s time to pay attention to the walls in kitchen by using artistic colorful touches. You could choose a bright color like magenta, and then to stop on a pattern that will go with your decor. The good thing is that there are a variety of templates with stylish design. Print this you have chosen, and carefully apply acrylic paint with a sponge. It is possible to use stickers. The good thing about them is that can easily be removed if you do not like the final result.
image credit to 25sns.com
Storage space for a tidy kitchen
On the kitchen worktop should not have too many things because they will take a lot of space from the working area for cooking. Instead, it could be used painted boxes in vivid colors. They will perform two functions – will provide storage space and will help to achieve a visual effect. You only need to buy wooden boxes and paint them in selected shades. Label each one and put things that you do not use every day, such as forms for cookies and cakes, etc. The shelves are another option that enables you to free up more space on the worktop.
image credit to mosbybuildingarts.com
Add some houseplants
The easiest way to use green color in the interior of a kitchen is by adding a few pots of flowers. To bring more color, paint pots in deep green or light green. About the plants, choose those who will stand well on the background of kitchen decoration.
image credit to archilovers.com
Create a dramatic effect in the kitchen
To make your kitchen more colorful and vivid, you can remove the colored cups and plates and hang them on the wall as decoration or simply store them on open shelves or in cabinets. You can group the colored vessels by type or by color.
No matter what you have read in the magazines for interior trends, refreshing type of your kitchen does not require to spend a fortune and a lot of time. There are some simple and inexpensive ways in which we can give a beautiful design to any kitchen. With a few minor changes you will get compliments from your loved ones and visitors for the type of your kitchen.
image via studiokyuu.com
There are thousands of magazines, books and online publications where you can find various ideas but most of them are so expensive. In these article you will find 7 small budget kitchen designs tips:
1. Replace the doors and hinges on cabinets and drawers. The rest of the kitchen equipment you can paint or cover with foil for overall visual effect.
2. Paint the furniture in the kitchen in white or ivory and replace the handles on the cabinets. The effect is almost like buying a complete new furniture.
image via gretzl.com
3. Cut the inside of the doors of the furniture and replace it with Plexiglas. The idea is to get a “window” into the inside of the the cabinets. You can use opaque Plexiglas.
image via skyvalleycabinetry.com
4. Experimenting with colors is another way of cheaper renovation of the kitchens. Paint the walls and furniture. If you’re a fan of the traditional, you can buy paint that gives an antique look of the furniture, and if not – the shiny surface is a major in the latest fashion lines of the furniture.
image credit to kitchen-design-ideas.org
5. Another thing that can be changed in the kitchen is countertop and the sink. Sinks with good quality can be purchased at reasonable prices, and the price of the board depends on the area, and whether you will replace it yourself or hire someone. You can choose the material, color and patterns that will match to your kitchen design.
image credit to houzz.com
6. A slightly larger investment is the addition of a kitchen island – an excellent way to add extra space to work and a huge change in the interior of the kitchen. If you do not have enough space in the kitchen or funds for the island you can choose the compromise version with kitchen cart. A movable cabinet with desktop is a very valuable assistant and can be easily moved out of the way.
image credit to downyez.com
image credit to mdfyw.com
7. If your budget is too small, but still want to replace something in the kitchen, you can change kitchen tiles. Both useful and give a whole new look of the kitchen. The variety here is great – materials, colors, patterns – has everything for all kitchens.
image credit to freshome.com
You can notice that the renovation of the kitchen can be easy and light task. A small change is pleasant for all.
The kitchen is a space that is used by all family members for their daily needs such as cooking, eating, socializing or resting. Because of these differences, kitchen lighting is an important factor in any kitchen, and should therefore be divided into three main zones to meet all the parameters: efficiency, comfort and atmosphere.
First zone: working lighting
All the places where we prepare food, cook and clean should be well and directly lighted. The recommendation is to install lights under kitchen cabinets in order to have better lighting on the worktops and sink. Type of lighting: energy saving lights or even better LED tubes (instead of old fluorescent).
image credit to amazingdecoration.net
Second zone: general lighting
Although we term the main, does not have to be. It is the lighting that serves to illuminate the entire kitchen, but it is often not enough when doing something, therefore we use and additional, the working lights. General lighting is often used to illuminate the dining table, if the same is located in the kitchen. Type of lighting: chandeliers or hanging suspension lights with energy-saving lamps or ceiling lights.
image credit to newsdesigninterior.com
image credit to kitchentoday.net
Third zone: decorative lighting
Although there is no crucial importance in the preparation of food and even in consumption the same, decorative lighting has its function especially in those areas where the kitchen connected with dining room and living room. Type of lighting: LED strips or ceiling mounting lamp with smaller power.
image credit to houzz.com
image credit to kitchen-design-ideas.org